Please consider the steps listed below when considering an application to Lafayette Preparatory Academy. We ask that all parents complete these steps to ensure our program is a good fit for your family and so that we can be as fair as possible when admitting new students to our school.
1. Review the website and application materials.
2. Visit the school by scheduling a Family Tour, available at 10 am on Tuesdays or 4:15 pm on Thursdays. We limit the number of families that can attend a tour at once, so we will get you in as soon as possible.
3. Submit the application and all supporting documents.
(Applications will not be considered complete until after a Family Tour is complete and all forms are submitted, including supporting documents. Records from the previous school must be received, as well.)
4. Contact Cathy Rodgers-Edmonds to make sure all forms have been received at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO CAN APPLY TO LAFAYETTE PREPARATORY ACADEMY?
Anyone living in the city of St. Louis is allowed to apply to our program.
WHAT GRADES DO YOU SERVE?
2014 – 2015 = Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades
Our K-3 program is a public charter school. We accept new students in Kindergarten, First, Second, and Third Grades. Because we provide a strong academic experience with innovative curriculum, we believe that students must be a part of our program during their first four years of schooling to be successful in our school. For this reason, we do not accept new students in grades 4-5.
WHEN CAN WE APPLY?
Right now! The “cut off” date for birthdays is October 1 for the year in which you are applying. For example, your child needs to be 5 years old by 10/1/14 if you are applying to Kindergarten for the 2014-2015 school year.
HOW DO I APPLY?
1)Click on this link to schedule a Family Tour: Tuesdays at 10 am or Thursdays at 4:15 pm
2)Bring a copy of a birth certificate, immunization and health records, and two proofs of residency to your Family Tour.
3) Bring all records from previous schools: discipline, attendance, report cards, IEP (if applicable), etc.
*** We are accepting applications for the 2014-2015 school year.
It is the policy of Lafayette Preparatory Academy not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in its programs or employment practices.